Dairyland Seed Announces Corn Silage Yieldmaster Contest Winners
by Dairyland Seed - December 28, 2018
Dairyland Seed recently announced the National and State winners for its annual Corn Silage Yieldmaster Contest.
The title of National Corn Silage Yieldmaster was awarded to David Wald of Edgeley, ND with a yield of 42.92 tons/acre with HiDF-3915SSX.
Minnesota Corn Silage Yieldmasters:
- First Place: Lyle Schefers of Rice – 29.63 tons/acre with HiDF-3605RA
- Second Place: Gorentz Dairy of Dent – 28.69 tons/acre with HiDF-3702-9
North Dakota Corn Silage Yieldmasters:
- First Place: David Wald of Edgeley – 42.92 tons/acre with HiDF-3915SSX
- Second Place: Elliot Smith of Buchanan – 36.75 tons/acre with HiDF-3702-9
- Third Place: Curtis Brown of Montpelier – 34.45 tons/acre with HiDF-3702-9
South Dakota Corn Silage Yieldmasters:
- First Place: Bill and Eric Mueller of Big Stone City – 30.61 tons/acre with HiDF-3510RA
- Second Place: Spink Colony of Frankfort – 29.40 tons/acre with HiDF-3413
Wisconsin Corn Silage Yieldmasters:
- First Place: Murph-Ko Farms, Inc of Fond du Lac – 36.85 tons/acre with HiDF-3510SSX
- Second Place: Majestic Crossing Dairy, LLC of Sheboygan Falls – 31.40 tons/acre with HiDF-3702-9
- Third Place: Robert Staudinger of Reedsville – 29.76 tons/acre with BMR-3508RA
"We are very proud to be a part of helping our Yieldmasters achieve these outstanding yields,” stated Gary Leeper, General Manager of Dairyland Seed. “It is because of growers like these that the future for agriculture is bright as is our ability to continue feeding the growing world population.”
About Dairyland Seed
Dairyland Seed was founded in 1907 and focuses its business on providing world-class hybrid corn, soybean and alfalfa genetics to American farmers. Dairyland Seed is headquartered in West Bend, Wis.